Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And Den I Frowed Up

A couple years ago, we were out to dinner with some friends and their 3 1/2 year old told us a story that ended with, "and den I frowed up." If she could, Helen would tell a similar story about last evening. We were playing on the floor when she gave me a hug and threw up all over me for the first (and certainly not the last) time in her life. I was proud of how I did not freak out at all. At 10pm and 5:30am, she was sick again. Today, she seems better, but she's still not quite herself. For a long time this morning, she sat in her stroller with some blankets and a bunch of babies and stuffed animals and watched me fold laundry - a "game" that would last about 90 seconds on an ordinary day.

She devoured some leftover tofu soup from Tum Rup Thai for lunch, so at least her appetite is coming back. Here are some fingerpainting photos from the weekend, back when she was feeling healthy:

No comments:

Post a Comment