Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jump! Jump!

We spend a lot of time playing "music class" around here. One of the activities from class is "Jelly in a Bowl." Each child gets a chance to sit on a huge ball while the teacher bounces them and all the parents chant this silly rhyme. Some kids are reluctant to hop on, but I actually have to hold Helen back so she doesn't interrupt the other kids' turns. She dives into all the activities like that. At home, we put all her dolls in a circle and they take turns on the ball. She loves it because she gets a turn between each doll. She points to herself with her finger and says, "Ha" for Helen and sits on the ball.

Another song from class is "Skip to My Lou" with commands. Here's a video of her doing "jump, jump, skip to my lou." Eric and I were shocked the other day when we sang, "turn around, skip to my lou" and she concentrated and started walking in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment