Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Farm Babies at the Minnesota Zoo

Ah, marketing. Somehow this wilburesque poster convinced me that Helen and I must brave the biting 35 degree wind and trek all the way to the opposite side of the zoo to visit these farm babies before they disappear. It was REALLY cold and I was laughing at myself as I ran and pushed the stroller in our quest to see farm animals, of all things. Would I ever have been this dedicated before I had this sweet girl who is so in love with babies and animals. How could I deny her the chance to see the two put together? Baby animals!!

We arrived at the little farm in the zoo and had it entirely to ourselves. (Come on, guys! Didn't you see the poster!?) I think there's more of a production Fridays-Sundays, but it was refreshing to be somewhere without hordes of people.

So. Did Helen appreciate the effort? She did, indeed! We saw cows, goats, sheep, chickens, and rabbits along with babies of each kind. The goats were her favorite, so here are a couple shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment